435-673-2302 | 95 South 800 East | St. George, Utah 84770Pastor Ray Schroeder
WHAT WE BELIEVE:
1. The sole basis for our belief is the Bible, which is uniquely God-inspired and the
final authority on all matters on which it bears. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son,
and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:26, Matthew 3:13-17).
3. We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:18-22), that
He lived a sinless life on earth (Hebrews 4:15) and voluntarily paid for our sin by
dying on the cross as our substitute (Isaiah 53:4-5; 1 Peter 2:24; Romans 5:8).
This accomplished salvation for all whom by grace trust in Him alone (John 3:16;
John 6:29). He rose from the dead (Mark 16:6; Luke 18:31-33; Luke 24:1-7),
ascended into heaven (Luke 24:50-51; Acts 1:1-9), and is the only mediator (1
Timothy 2:5) between God and us. He will return to earth in power and glory to
consummate history (Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 19:11-21).
4. We believe that God created humans in His own likeness to have fellowship with
Him (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 5:1: Colossians 3:9-10), but they defied God by
sinfully going their own way (Genesis 3:1-13). As a result, we need God’s saving
grace—not human effort—to end our alienation from God (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be
obtained (Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the
Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Ezekiel 36:27; John 16:13).
6. We believe marriage is an ordinance established by God (Genesis 2:18, 21-24;
Matthew 19:4-6; Ephesians 5:21-33). This church defines marriage as the
exclusive covenantal union of one man and one woman in which such union is a
lifetime commitment. A civil government’s sanction of a union will be recognized
as a legitimate marriage by the church only to the extent that it is consistent with
the definition of marriage found in this Constitution and Bylaws.
7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead (Philippians 3:20-21; 1 John
3:2); of the believer to everlasting fellowship and joy in the Lord, of the unbeliever
judgment and everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:31-47; Revelation 20:11-15).